Friday, September 17, 2010

Family

I come form a very big supportive family at home its jsut me mum and dad and my brother David who is now 28. Dad only has one brother who i see less now than i did when i was younger. Peter dads brother lives up near Byron Bay and doenst really keep in contact with us very much we are lucky to talk once a year i keep in touch with his daughter my cousin Nina through facebook. We would see them mroe when dads parents were alive They died when i was ten or eleven. dads family has many cousins all living a long way away. They are very accepting of my disability and are allwyas happy to see how i am doing. Mums family are the ones ive had more to do with Mum is one of five ner her brothers ad sisters have allwyas helped out one of her sisters has a downsyndrome person to so they are all very supportive of me and my needs. Mums parents are the msot loving people you could ever meet they were allwyas there for me and all the otehr grandkids as often as they could. When i was in the Sydney Childrens hosptial grandma would be up eveyr single day. I have allwyas have been very close to grandma and grandpa and have many fond memoires of them. Grandma comes form a veyr large family to we have very many extended relatives so a family get together can often be quite busy. we only live five mintues form grandma so we see her often Grandpa just died last year they were married for nearly sixty years. David has allwasy been very supportive of me we have been known to have our usual ups and downs as most siblings do but i adore my brother to death and he loves me. He had a very hard time when i was younger coz of all my hosptial visits he would often be left otu mum has a good friend from when she was little who has a son similar age so shed come and take him for days as often as she could. Dave ended up boarding for his highschool years and is now engaged to a wonderful lady form Tasmania. We all love Lauren and are happy to have her as a part of oru family Mum also has two best firends who i consider my auntys Julie and Alex these ladies do any thing and eveyrthing for me and allwasy have. I am lucky to have such a supportive family as i know alot of people with disabilities arent as lucky as i am.

No comments:

Post a Comment