Sunday, January 16, 2011

friends

I have had many firends in my life
School firneds
Most of my school firends were people with disabilites like me in highschool i was in a mainschool class for some subjects and rest of the time in the unit the main school people were lovely but they were only there really in class. There were a few that i got close to and i still talk to now on fb these oens were on the src with me and some of them would come up and chat.

Hosptial firends i have had many friends in hospital these people made it easier to handle some of the things that were happening. At the old campedown hosptial i didnt have many firends that i remember but at randwick i had so many. My old drs would walk into a room and say was like home when we were all in. The nruses would allwasy know to put us together and one rang up and said there were two options once one with one of my firends ina back room and one near the nruses station she new i wanted to b with my firends so she put me there but of course had to move me a few days later coz i had temperatures and they needed to watch me. Most of my hosptial firends had cf and quite a few died but i keep in touc with quite a few on fb and their families they became like a second family to me. Some of my closest hosp firends were Clare and her mum Mel and her mum Steph and her fam and many many nmore. The nruses became my firends to it was hard not to they would soemtiems have me every day for nine months. they would adovocate for everything i neededc chase up things for me take me places and organise certain activites My faveourites were Carla kara beck and many more.  Sch also had A captain starlight who i loved i would soemtiems go to the starlight room or watch the starlight tv or at least play the games my faves were bingo coz i didnt have to c the tv to do that and charades tho i allways found that hard to see. There was a lady who was a real fairy who would come and vist people to she even came to my 21st she was a great lady.  We also had play therapists who would come and do different things these were great ladies. There were also soem clown drs not real drs this started in 1997 and these people would go around making kids smile. My favourite clowns were Dr sniggles Dr twang Dr have a chat and dr fruiteloop they were the first clowns now there r many mroe and i dotn know them all but there is a clown page on fb and dr sniggles and me are nwo firends on fb again after many years she is mamazed at how well i am doing. They would make me balloons talk and have fun I loved all the friends i had in hosptial and thanks to fb i have stay4ed in touch with many of them.
Northcott firends
I have many firends through the service i use these are great people and i love to hang out with them when im at nrothcott activities most o them r in a chair like me and totaly get everything that is happening thanks to northcott i now have activities i can go t sometiems and see people and i do a programme there to it is great for social life and they are a great bunch of people.

Charge firends i have many firneds through charge syndrome on fb and in the yahoo group i am on these people are totaly great people and encourage everyone and everything they support eveyrthing i do and are allwyas happy with my achievements i call them my second family to like the hosptial firneds I love my charge family with my hole heart and i know they feel the same

1 comment:

  1. That is lovely Ellen, we are so proud of you everyday and talk about you a lot. We can't wait to meet you this summer.

    ReplyDelete